A series of focused CRSS Working Groups complement the work of the CRSS Executive and provide a thematic focus for Society activities and initiatives. Each Working Group has a Chair and a set of members who meet regularly and are resourced by and report to the CRSS Executive. Membership on a given Working Group is open to any CRSS member. Each group should include at least one student member.
CRSS members interested in participating in one or more of these Working Groups are invited to contact any member of the CRSS Executive.
Memberships & Certification
Conferences & Publications
Awards & Fellows
WG-1: Memberships & Certification – Chair: Bahram Salehi
- Incentive programs for recruitment and retention.
- Initiate CRSS Chapters.
- Administer membership grades and criteria (e.g. Student, Member, Retired / Senior, Emeritus, Honourary Lifetime; Corporate).
- Create a directory of companies, agencies, educational institutions for better members networking.
- Employment Connections/Mentorship Program / career network, job board Activities: Chapters activities.
WG-2: Communications – Chair: Desmond Power
- CRSS Web page; Social media (Facebook, twitter etc.
- CRSS Newsletter.
- Media, Press Releases; Email notice.
- CRSS Forum: Noticeboard, CRSS_LIST, Newslist_serv.
WG-3: Conferences and Publications – Chair: Anne Smith
- 40th 2019 (Fredericton, Chair: Dr. Brigitte Leblon).
- 41st 2020 (Yellowknife, NWT).
- 42nd 2021 (location TBD, explore co-hosting with ISPRS Geospatial Week).
- Canadian Journal of Remote Sensing Editor-in-Chief Report: Monique Bernier
- Conference abstracts and proceedings.
- Website (members only section).
WG-4: Awards & Fellows – Chair: Brigitte Leblon
The CRSS Awards Committee reviews the nominations and submit their selections to the CRSS Executive for approval. The awards are presented at the Canadian Symposium on Remote Sensing Award Ceremony. The awards are:
- Larry Morley Gold Medal
- Silver Medal, Bronze Medal
- Val Shaw Award
- Outstanding Service Award
- Best Ph.D. Thesis
- Best M.Sc. Thesis
- Student Travel Awards
- Best Oral and Poster Student Presentation Awards are announced at the closing plenary session of the Canadian Symposium on Remote Sensing.
Fellow and Associate Fellow designations
A sub committee chaired by Ells LeDrew was created
WG-5: Certification – Chair: Frank Zhang
For further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org