Earth Observation Summit 2017
Some final words
A conference this size would not be possible without the extraordinary effort from committed individuals. We invite you to join us in thanking those individual listed in the Organizing Committee page. They are the:
- Technical Committee Chair
- Student Program and Summer School Co-Chair
- Summer School Co-Chair
- Exhibitor and Sponsors Lead
- Members, Organizing Committee
- Members, Scientific Committee
- Workshop Leads
- Members of the Jury, Oral Presentations
- Members of the Jury, Poster Presentations
- Instructors, Summer School
News about the Conference and the Society (Circulated July 19, 2017)
Covers the following topics:
- 38th Canadian Symposium on Remote Sensing, Montreal, QC
- CRSS-SCT Awards
- CRSS-SCT Executive & AGM
- 9th Canadian Symposium on Remote Sensing
- Some final words…
Hyperlinks to Abstracts, Workshop etc…
- Contribution of Earth Observation to Public Health Practices – One Earth – One Health Workshop
- More to come…
Conference Photo Gallery & Video
Thank you for your participation.
See you all at the 39th Canadian Symposium on Remote Sensing!
The Earth Observation (EO) Summit 2017 brings together in one exceptional event the 38th Canadian Symposium on Remote Sensing (CSRS), the 17th Congress of the Association Québécoise de Télédétection (AQT), the 11th Advanced SAR (ASAR) Workshop and the 51st Workshop of the Association de Géomatique Municipale du Québec (AGMQ). This EO Summit 2017 is an international event to be held in Montréal from 20 to 22 June 2017. It aims to assemble several communities interested in Earth Observation (EO), its technologies, its applications and its societal benefits.
Training on remote sensing applications and technologies will be offered on June 19th (Summer school) and 23rd (SAR Tutorials). An ice-breaker event will be held on the evening of June 20th while a dinner banquet is offered on June 21st. A student program will foster student – employers networking and offer travel grants.
We are pleased to welcome you to the Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM) science centre (Coeur des sciences) nearby the lively Montréal Quartier des spectacles, a popular cultural and entertainment destination. Do not miss this opportunity to take part in Montréal’s 375th anniversary celebrations.
Four workshops concerning important remote sensing themes will run in parallel of the EO Summit 2017:
- The first Workshop, organized by Euroconsult, will address the emerging commercialization of Earth Observation;
- The second Workshop is an international event titled “One Earth – One Health: Contribution of Satellite Earth Observation to Public Health”. It is jointly organized by the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) and the Canadian Space Agency (CSA);
- The third Workshop will be on the role of remote sensing in wildfire management and research. It will be jointly organized by the Canadian Forest Service (CFS) of Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) and CSA;
- Finally, the fourth Workshop will be on EO technologies for the municipal and regional sectors and will be organized by the Association de Géomatique Municipale du Québec (AGMQ).
These Workshops intend to gather the relevant communities, allowing them to share their views on the opportunities offered by remote sensing and to recommend an action plan.
For any information regarding the Earth Observation Summit 2017, please contact one of the event Co-Chairs:
- Bergeron, Martin (CRSS)
Canadian Symposium on Remote Sensing (CSRS) representative
- Giugni, Laurent (AQT)
Association Québécoise de Télédétection Congress Chair
- Plourde, Patrick (ASAR)
Advanced SAR (ASAR) Workshop Chair