Mission and Vision
The Mission and Vision of the Canadian Remote Sensing Society is to:
- Provide a focal point for leadership and excellence to advance the art, science, technologies and applications of remote sensing and related fields.
- Facilitate opportunities for our national and international membership, including with partner Societies with related interests in Canada and abroad.
- Provide grassroots opportunities for youth interested in remote sensing.
- Recognize and encourage excellence in remote sensing in Canada through our National Awards Programs.
- Provide opportunities for networking and publications through our Conferences and Publishing programs.
- Provide a mechanism for interaction amongst different sectors including private industry, all levels of government, educational institutions, and non-profit associations.
- Link remote sensing and related interests from coast-to-coast-to-coast in Canada based on regional representation, local chapters, and partnerships with provincial/territorial associations.